Thursday, April 14, 2011

poem in your pocket

I've been informed that today, April 14th, is "poem in your pocket" day. The idea is to print up a poem and put it in your pocket, then take it out at intervals and read it - or read it to someone you're with.

I didn't actually print anything out. I've had the flu, and wasn't planning on venturing out today - so I knew that (unless the mouse that visited our kitchen a few weeks back returned) I wouldn't have anyone to share the poem with. But I did celebrate poetry in my own way, by visiting the website of a childhood friend of mine, Amanda Rogers, who is a great poet. And I don't use the word 'great' in the way you would if someone asked how you were. I use the word 'great' because Amanda's talent is enormous. The power and precision of her words is sometimes overwhelming, and I'm grateful to be exposed to her work.

To check out her poetry visit:

http://gatherparadise.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Emily.
    So glad to see that your baby is out of the hospital. xoxo

    ReplyDelete