Monday, November 15, 2010

disconnect

My mom just got me a book called "Disconnect", which is about the potential dangers of cell phones. And I have to say, I'm not excited to read it. I don't really want to find out that something that I do every day is (possibly very) harmful to my health.

These devices are legitimately useful, and can be real life-savers in certain situations... But I find that 99.9% of my cell phone use is unnecessary. Or, not unnecessary, exactly - but certainly not something I'd trade my health for...

But it's hard not to do. I suppose it's because we can't see or feel the damage early on. Kind of like smoking, that way... And like many smokers I'm 'trying to cut down' - but sometimes still shock myself with how much time I spend on the cell phone.

If you're interested in reading more about cell phone radiation here's an article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/business/14digi.html?_r=3

And check out this site to see whether your cell phone is one of the 'worst' or 'best' in terms of radiation:

http://sayiamgreen.com/blog/2009/10/how-much-radiation-does-your-cellphone-give-off/

No comments:

Post a Comment