Friday, November 12, 2010

Recommended reading

I recently got together with a friend who asked me about (the Swedish theologian) Emmanuel Swedenborg. She knew that I'm a 'swedenborgian', and she was interested in reading a brief overview of his life and works - as an introduction of sorts. She asked whether I could recommend a book. But I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head, so I told her I'd do a little research for something that would be appropriate.

As luck would have it, a minister that I respect a great deal just wrote a book for this very purpose - and it came out this month. (It's 'Swedenborg's Garden of Theology' by Jonathan Rose.) Talk about serendipity.

I picked up a copy for my friend and started leafing through it. And it looks fantastic. Suffice it to say that I haven't sent it to my friend yet... But I will. (I've already ordered another copy for myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment