Monday, November 8, 2010

yum!

I've never really enjoyed 'food scenes' in movies. You know, the ones in which a character will take a bite of some gloriously lit morsel, and violins begin to play as the character displays over-the-top ecstasy at what they're consuming.

It just seems to me that it's not something that translates well into film... or perhaps it's simply the way it's usually done... Since the audience can't smell or taste the food, I think the filmmakers get heavy handed in 'showing' us how much the character's enjoying what they're eating. But usually I just end up feeling like, "I get it - it's good." and wishing they would move on to the next shot - which they usually do a full 5 minutes later. (Maybe it only feels like five minutes to me...)

But this past weekend I had a pizza experience that could have been in the most irritating of the scenes I'm referring to.

The pizza came out, and it looked pretty good - but then, I do like pizza - so it always looks good to me. And then I took a bite... and the scene began. I was oohing and aaahing and mugging for a camera that wasn't even there. And I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure there were violins, too...

Best pizza I've tasted. Anywhere. Ever.

If you find yourself in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, check out Motorino. Or make a special trip just to try their pizza - it's worth it.

http://www.motorinopizza.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment