Friday, November 5, 2010

everything is going be alright

Last night one of my daughters was having a hard time about something and I could not find the words to comfort her. In fact after a solid 30 minutes of trying I was completely out of ideas. Nothing was working and whatever I said only exasperated her problem. To say I was feeling helpless and well, to be completely honest, useless in the parental arena is putting it mildly.

Out of sheer desperation I looked up to the ceiling for help (like inspiration would come from there?), and my daughter said, “Mom, if you would just tell me everything is going to be okay, I would be alright!”.

How ridiculous that I couldn’t come up with those words myself. Pretty obvious, right? Isn’t that what we all want to hear, that everything really will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment