Monday, March 28, 2011

still waiting

It has been more than 6 weeks since our successful court hearing in Ethiopia. I officially have another daughter, but I can't bring her home until all of the paperwork and formalities are dealt with (by the Ethiopian government, and then by the US Embassy.) Initially, I had thought this final part of the process would take about a month - and that we'd have had our baby home with us by now... but I have been reminded by our contact at the adoption agency that the time-line is unpredictable (and has been A LOT slower lately.) This has not stopped me from calling them frequently for updates... (and checking my e-mail and voice-mail compulsively.)

My husband, noticing that I was going bananas, convinced me to take Jem out of school and spend a week in Florida - where the rest of my family is enjoying spring break... So that's where I've been. And it did help. But now I'm back... and still waiting.

I've been advised not to expect anything for awhile... I'm beginning to feel like our new daughter will be college-age before we get to bring her home - but fretting about it doesn't change anything.

I need to remind myself that I have nothing to complain about. This is just an opportunity to (continue to) practice patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment