Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hot damn!

Inspired by my insanely fitness focused sister - who, on our vacation led workout sessions that left those who chose to partake panting or puking on the sidelines - I decided to get some exercise. I guess I was feeling a bit guilty for not having joined in while I was away, so I fought the inclination to use the heat (and my general laziness) as an excuse and decided to do a yoga class yesterday. Not the kind of yoga class where you just sit and breathe, but the kind that involves strength-building poses. I figured I'd put in an hour and a half instead of the usual 30 minutes on the treadmill as some kind of atonement.

When I arrived just as the class was starting I realized there was no air-conditioning. In 100 degree weather. Surely they couldn't be serious? This wasn't supposed to be Bikram yoga (which is a yoga practice done in a very hot room.) I'm not sure what the benefits of 'hot' yoga are, but it sounds awful to me, and I've never tried it... Well, not unless you count yesterday.

Instead of having the good sense to just go home I did the class... And a day later I'm still spent.

Exercising in this weather? What were those people thinking?!!!! (What was I thinking?)

No comments:

Post a Comment