Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What the frack?

I don't know if this is what you're supposed to put on a blog... (But I'm beginning to think I'm not really cut out to be a blogger, anyway, since haven't managed to post much of anything lately.)

I'm concerned about the proposed frac drilling in upstate New York...

As a resident of NYC, I'm very pleased with the city's famously clean drinking water. The fact that I can drink tap water here has always impressed me. When I go elsewhere, like Pennsylvania, I wouldn't dream of drinking tap water (unless I'm at my parents' house, which has multiple filters/purifiers for the entire water system) - or Florida, where the tap water tastes - actually, I should say smells, because I'm not willing to taste it - like swamp...

Here's a link with Mark Ruffalo talking about the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_XkaUxF_Xs

And a link to the officials who could make a difference:

http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/take-action/contact-elected-officials

If you care to, please submit the petitions to the NY officials on the link. (It's pretty easy - the site walks you through it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment