Sunday, July 18, 2010

This past weekend Scott went away to play poker with "the boys" so Jem and I drove out to the Hamptons to stay with my friend Heidi and her sister.

We had an amazing time... It wasn't anything in particular that made it special - we just enjoyed spending time together (cooking at home, going out for ice cream, and talking into the wee hours.)

Jemma flew her first kite while we were there, and I learned how to make a wicked sangria.

When the weekend was over Jemma didn't want to leave - which probably had something to do with Jackson, Heidi's dog. He's what I can best describe as a 'cat-dog'... He's tiny, but not 'yippy' like little dogs usually are. And, unlike many small dogs, he doesn't bite or snap at people - which makes him an ideal playmate for little kids. I have to admit, I like him too... so much that he's making me re-think my 'no pets in the city' policy...

No comments:

Post a Comment