Monday, August 2, 2010

Style

I've mentioned before that I don't have a strong fashion sense... This is probably why my husband thought I'd enjoy a 'closet makeover' - which he won for me at a fund-raiser auction.

I found the idea kind of exciting - like I'd be learning secrets that I've never had access to before... I'm not sure exactly what the session entails, but who knows what butterfly could emerge from the dark cocoon of my closet?

Well, today is the day, and all of a sudden I'm wondering if this is going to be like an episode of "What not to Wear" - which is a show in which two catty stylists take an everyday person, ridicule the way they dress (and usually their hair and make-up too), throw out 3/4 of what's in their closet, and give them tips to help them look more 'acceptable'... Lots of fun to watch, but I'm fairly certain I don't want to be that person.

But, it's already scheduled - in fact, the style expert - Lauren - is supposed to show up in 5 minutes...

2 comments:

  1. I've been replaced? I can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never could replace you, Kristen... This stylist probably won't make me throw anything out - or make fun of me. So I still need you :-)

    ReplyDelete