Monday, December 20, 2010

rainy days

The image “http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-1001-3118-4547_Cliche_Of_Raining_Cats_And_Dogs_clipart_image.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
It’s raining cats and dogs here. It started a few days ago and it’s not supposed to stop any time soon. When I moved from New York to Los Angeles 10 years ago I remember driving down Sunset Blvd looking up at the sky in awe of how beautiful the day was. I made a promise to myself never to take for granted how amazing days in Los Angeles can be.

I have done a decent job remembering to appreciate how beautiful it is here, at least better than I thought I would, but that doesn’t mean I couldn’t use a reminder here or there. Seems I am getting one right now. I think my reminder is supposed to last for a while as we have a few storm systems to get through before sunny days return.

I hope the clouds clear enough to catch a glimpse of a total lunar eclipse happening Tuesday morning. It coincides with the winter solstice. Evidently this particular combination hasn't been seen in 372 years. I'm keeping my fingers crossed these clouds move away, at least long enough to catch a glimpse.

No comments:

Post a Comment