Thursday, December 9, 2010

fashion advice

Last night I had plans to go out to dinner at a fabulous restaurant called Del Posto. It's a relatively formal place, so I wanted to look nice...

But it was freezing outside, and in the end I selected a dress that I didn't especially like, but it was warm, and I figured everyone at the restaurant would be more interested in the food than my attire. I asked Jemma what she thought of the dress, and she gave it a 'sideways thumb' - which is to say, it wasn't a 'thumbs up' but it wasn't terrible enough to merit a 'thumbs down'.

"You don't like it?" I asked.

"It's okay," she said. "I'm just afraid other people will laugh at you."

Needless to say I found something else to wear.

But I don't want you to think my 4 year old daughter is my personal stylist - if she were I'd wear nothing but pink and purple... Although, if I'm honest about my current wardrobe, I have to admit that it would probably be an improvement if she were...

No comments:

Post a Comment