Thursday, February 4, 2010

Four weddings and an ass

There's a little game I like to play when referring to movies... (I need to say in advance that I didn't make it up - it originated many years ago with a friend of my husband's named Mark Divine. And I'm not certain he used it exclusively for movies...)

What you do is simply replace any word in the title of a movie with the word 'ass.' So, for example, some of the movies that are nominated for Oscars this year are: "The Ass Locker", "Crazy Ass", "Ass in the Air", "The Lovely Ass", "Fantastic Mr. Ass", and "A Serious Ass"... It gets a little tricky with single name titles - there's no distinction between "Precious" and "Avatar"; each would simply be 'Ass' - and there's not much fun in that... The best titles are the ones that can go several ways, like: "Desperately Seeking Ass" or, alternatively, "Ass Seeking Susan."

Most people think it's utterly stupid - and I can't argue with that. In fact, I agree. But it never fails to make me laugh. A lot. And I find myself trying to think of more and more titles - like: "The Maltese Ass", "St. Elmo's Ass", and "Disney's: The Little Ass"... Okay, I've got to stop. Walt probably wouldn't appreciate this at all...

But one last parting thought - "No Country for Old Men" is possibly the best title of all time because you can use 'ass' instead of every single word (with the exception of the word "for")... You do the math.

3 comments:

  1. Something my husband and I did when our girls were little...when we read a fortune cookie, we added MMM, MMM, at the end. MMM, MMM, stood for "in bed" -- we got a lot of laughs out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about prec-ass and ass-atar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears...my favorite was "Ass in the air"

    -Nate

    ReplyDelete