Monday, February 22, 2010

That's a spicy meatball!

I may be able to get dual citizenship!!! For years I had hoped to do this through my paternal grandmother who was Irish. But in the end it wasn't possible...

For some reason I had never considered trying on my paternal grandfather's (Italian) side. But today I was talking with a friend who got his Italian citizenship last year, and he told me that I was probably eligible. So I went online, and it looks like I am... Woooo Hoooo!!!!

I'm not exactly sure why this idea excites me so much... I do love Italy - the food, the language, the people and the land (there's almost nothing I don't love about it), but I probably won't be needing to find employment there any time soon, and I can go over as a visitor whenever I want.

But for some reason I'm absolutely ecstatic... maybe it has something to do with a secret fantasy I have about moving to Italy one day - or maybe it's just that I need some sort of proof that I'm 'really' Italian (and thereby cool).

No comments:

Post a Comment