Wednesday, April 21, 2010

iPad


We recently got the iPad. And it's very cool.

For starters, the image quality is incredible, so it's great for watching movies or reading magazines. (My husband was involved in getting Time Magazine onto the iPad - and I'm thrilled at the idea of not using paper for disposable reading materials.)

But the most amazing thing about it is that it's designed in such a way that my daughter (who's not yet four) is as adept at using it as I am. (Which may say as much about my computer skills - or lack of computer skills - as it does about the ease of use of the device...)

Also, even though the iPad acts like a computer - it can browse the internet, for example - it isn't 'delicate'. (Apparently there are no moving parts, so it's sturdier than a laptop.) Which still doesn't make it a kid's toy (especially considering the price)... but I'm having trouble convincing my daughter of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment