Monday, April 5, 2010

Laugh


Today I was reading about a study that was done on laughter. I admit it took me a while to get past my disbelief anyone could be smart (or funny) enough to get funding to actually research laughter.

Basically it said laughter is something we all do naturally, no training required. In fact monkeys do it. No one was able to definitively say laughter really is the best medicine, but the mere fact we perhaps have something to laugh about has to be a good thing.

For the last year I have made it my mission to smile on a regular basis, and if I really do a good job, laugh out loud more than a few times a day. My theory on smiling is just by doing it (even if I don’t really feel like doing it), I will be happy. I think it actually works.

Being single again there are a few qualities that if a guy doesn’t have will automatically become a deal breaker for me. With the exception of being an outright ax murderer or having an affinity for public nose picking, at the top of my list is he's funny. But more importantly that he thinks I am funny. It gets old really fast being the only one laughing at my jokes. I figure if he thinks I’m funny he really must be a good guy, because I know what a stretch it is to laugh at my jokes since I have been doing it for years. Alone I might add.

1 comment:

  1. Smiling as I read this... And I think you're right - (also think you're funny.)

    ReplyDelete