Friday, April 2, 2010

The reclining buddha


"I often take exercise. Why only yesterday I had breakfast in bed."
-
Oscar Wilde


The other day, against my better judgment, I agreed to go for a run with my sister, Laura. She's always been athletic - but for the past month or so she's been doing especially rigorous training for her tennis team.

I should have known better than to go with her - but I figured it would be good for me... Until she told me to 'work through the pain' when my knees started hurting...

I don't do well with 'working through the pain' so after 2 and-a-half miles I was done with the workout.

In general I feel much better (about my body, my energy level, and life in general) when I exercise... But I'm on vacation. And at the moment, my favorite exercise is a yoga pose that I developed myself, that I call 'the reclining buddha'... (You may be familiar with this pose... but you probably just call it ' taking a nap'.)

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing...I am in the reclining buddha pose as I read your post! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete