Friday, March 12, 2010

the decisioner

Tonight is "date night." And I have no idea what I want to do... Which is ridiculous. I live in the most vibrant city in the world - certainly I should be able to figure out some way to entertain myself.

I know I sound like the kid who walks in the door, plops herself down in a room full of toys and announces she's bored. But I'm not bored. (I don't even use that word - my mom doesn't allow it.) And, as any parent of young children will tell you, time alone with a spouse is a rare - and especially valuable - commodity. So it's not that I take it for granted, or am blase about a night out...

Perhaps it has more to do with the fact that I've been fending off a nasty cold... or maybe it's simply that: (as my nephew used to say) "I'm not a good decisioner."

No comments:

Post a Comment