Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring

This weekend has been magnificent. The weather finally seems to have changed...
Although, the weather's always changing - it's not like it's suddenly Spring and I won't be cold ever again...

Weather is like emotions in that whatever's going on at the moment can feel permanent. I'm especially bad in this respect... I actually have trouble packing for a climate that will be different from the one I'm in. I've been known to bring nothing but t-shirts and tank tops when traveling to Maine - which is ridiculous. It's not like I've never been there before - I know it gets cold, and that I'll probably need sweaters (and lots of them.) Trouble is, if I'm hot when I'm packing, my brain just forgets.

So, even though part of me secretly believes that these sun-dappled days are going to go on and on - I know they won't... I suspect we're in for more rain sometime soon - but it'll probably take me awhile to get out my raincoat...

In the meantime, I'm taking advantage of the warmth, and trying to notice the small changes that have been happening outside. My daughter is especially excited about the new season. While admiring the patterns of shadows this morning she said, "Winter took so long, but it's spring now - and spring is all freckley!"

No comments:

Post a Comment