Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here goes

Emily asked if I wanted to write on her blog. I’ve never written in this kind of a format but think it could be fun, or, completely scary. Probably the latter, at least for the reader. I’m not really sure how to even start (although its looking like I already have). I’m thinking it might make sense to say something about who I am. Seems like a logical place to start.

Mom and dad decided to call me Ellen. I’m half Greek and half Alabaman, my nickname is The Blur, and I like to think the glass of wine is half full.

Emily has been my friend more years than this girl’s memory allows, so I won’t waste precious brain time to remember. Ignorance is bliss, right?

I’m a mother of three girls, ages 15, 11, and 9. They are pretty amazing little creatures. Believe me I know I am blessed. There was a time I didn’t know if I would be able to have one child, let alone three. Being pregnant ten times has taught me a lot and I am grateful for that.

If there’s one thing I know for certain it’s this: I wouldn’t change one piece of my past for really, anything. Not one tear drop, one smile, one shot of tequila, one really bad joke, or even one now ended marriage of 18 years. Mind you I’m not saying I would want to go back in time either. Oh dear God no. Just no regrets.

Being a student is one of my favorite things, next to being a mom. Although my school is not board certified, it’s (hopefully) got a different stamp of approval that comes from the Big Guy up there, or more likely the Big Girl up there. Oh who knows, it’s probably both. I like to call my school Ellen’s School of Life.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure I get to choose which classes I take. And yeah I admit when they offer a class in bowling I am the first in line to sign up, so you can imagine my bowling game is pretty good after 45 years of school.

By design I don’t have a lot of say over who my teachers are going to be. Those come at me from all directions. Probably best that way because I would more than likely choose the easy “A” teachers, not the hard-ass ones that kick me in the butt.

Sometimes I forget I’m even in class. Or what about studying for that final exam? I’m thinking that big exam comes later in life, like, much later. Again, ignorance is bliss, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment