Thursday, March 18, 2010

Way down in the hole

I spent another morning downtown in the archives... And still can't find my grandparents' marriage certificate - which is perplexing.

Not that I thought finding all of the documents required for dual citizenship would be easy. I was warned ahead of time... But I thought I'd have trouble with my great-grandparents' birth certificates from Italy in 1884. Or naturalization records from 1916. Or a marriage certificate from 1904... I thought the recent stuff would be easy.

Maybe the record was lost or destroyed. Then there's the possibility that they were never really married, and just pretending to be... (which is interesting, but very unlikely, knowing my grandparents...)

Calling in for backup from Staten Island... We'll see what my cousin, 'The Lemon,' can come up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment