Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another late night... this time as a groupie

Last night my cousin Beth and I went to see an old friend play with a band he used to be in back in the early 90s. It was a great show - and hearing the songs I used to listen to on a cassette tape (that I still have somewhere...) was nostalgic in the best way. Fun, without a trace of melancholy. Well... maybe just a drop. Sometimes these things make you feel like a bit of an old bat. And I guess that was true of last night... But I felt like a happy old bat, so it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the whole experience.

Beth and I got to catch up, which was a treat. We rarely see one another these days -we both have families of our own now - but when we were kids we used to play together every day. And we got to visit with David (the drummer) whom neither of us had seen in a long time.

The band that we were watching doesn't exist anymore, but the lead singer (Sam Bisbee) has a couple of albums out, and is still performing... His music's worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmLZ6I2iQc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment