Friday, May 7, 2010

ff's

It’s tricky figuring out the best way to talk to my girls about weight and healthy living. I grew up in a little town in Georgia, plus it was a solid 4 decades ago (okay, more than that, but I like to round down, not up). The self-image issues my girls face are pretty different than what I was faced with. I don’t need to point out all the differences between mine and my girl's because it's obvious. Also in Georgia, “healthy eating” was considered a can of Le Sueur Peas.

I came up with an idea for meal time when my girls were little. It's an eating game, sort of. The goal of the game is to see if they can eat the food on their plate in a circle. That way the highly desired carbs are consumed at the same rate the vegis and protein are. Carbs have always been our weak spot. I’m thinking my girls got a lot of that from me. I admit my favorite food to eat are french fries. In fact, I rate restaurants by how good their ff’s are, and restaurants that don’t serve them are automatically off my list. I just don’t even bother going there, unless of course I have already had my daily intake of ff’s. Only then am I’m okay with it. I need ff rehab.

1 comment: