Tuesday, October 5, 2010

behind the wheel

My daughter just got her learners permit. California law regarding young drivers is pretty good.

At 15 1/2 years old, Taylor had to pass an online test before she could go to the DMV (this part was only 4 hours. Ouch) and take another written test. Now with an official learners permit, Tay has to get 6 hours of driving lessons and 50 hours of driving time with an adult before she can get her drivers license at the age of 16.

Even with all of that, I am still hesitant about the whole idea of a 16 year old being mature enough to get behind the wheel (and of course that is completely hypocritical since I know for a FACT I was mature enough to drive by myself at 16). Although I can think of a few people that would take issue with that comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment