Tuesday, October 19, 2010

slippery slope

I had forgotten my old steadfast rule for pushing through difficult times until a good friend gently reminded me of it today. She said, “Don’t focus on the question, how do I get there, but instead, where do I want to go?”.

I know (and whole heartily admit) I have let myself get caught on this slippery slope yet again. I know I am consuming my brain with stupid logistics (thus the real and present danger my head could explode at any given moment). The worse part is I know I don’t have a shot in hell of figuring out where I want to go because there is no room left in my brain from all my “how do I get there” questions. This should be simple to fix, right?

I’m always baffled how easily old lessons seem to slip away. Thank God for good friends, especially when self-induced amnesia sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment