Thursday, October 28, 2010

light at the end of the tunnel


I finally received the last document I need to get Italian citizenship. (I think... you never know what they'll have to say when I'm actually trying to register.)

So now I have to go to the consulate to make an appointment for a meeting - they never answer the phone - about whether I have all of the appropriate documents. After that meeting I can make another appointment for the actual meeting when I'll submit the documents and request my Italian passport.

Sounds easy enough (albeit time-consuming). The only concern I have at the moment is that I think they keep my US passport while they're processing everything... And they could keep it for several months (yikes!). So I need to be careful about the timing...

No comments:

Post a Comment