Sunday, October 31, 2010

virginia

We just got back from Virginia, where we visited my husband's favorite professor from college, Dabney Stuart. We got to introduce him to Jemma - and Jemma got to introduce him to the ipad.



My husband is convinced that one day we'll retire down there - and I (northern girl that I am) am equally convinced that we won't...

But we had a wonderful time. It's a beautiful part of the country, and a magnificent time of year to be there.

Everything about the trip was pleasant: we had great visits with the people we had gone down to see, the weather was perfect - even the music in the airport as we were waiting to come home was great - as though they were playing a soundtrack just for me... (they went from XTC to Elvis Costello, to Morrissey, to R.E.M. - it was pretty remarkable.) When I commented on this, my husband turned to me with a smirk, and said, "So, you want to live here?"

Well, no. I don't want to move into an airport in Virginia - but I sure enjoyed my visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment